Center Panel

Sunday, October 16, 2022

ALTENEW ACADEMY LEVEL TWO: Magical Marker Techniques


 The technique used for this card is one that I expect to use often. Watching the class presentation I expected to have difficulty achieving my goal. However, the instructions and visuals made the technique easy to understand and replicate. I chose the Altenew Frosted Garden set as it provided a nice variety of stamp sizes and shapes.


I stamped and colored several of each of the stamps I wanted to use and colored them using Deep Iris and Midnight Violet Aletenew Crisp Dye Inks.


I cut the stamped images in preparation for die cutting them. After die cutting I tried several arrangements to find the best fit and mix of colors. I chose a dark purple layer cut just under 51/2 by 
4 3/4 so there would be a narrow frame around the layer.

I tried several arrangement and when I was pleased with them glued them into place. Making sure not to cover the sentiment which was embossed using Rose Gold Embossing Powder.


The next step was to turn the card over and cut off the overhaning embellishments. And the last step was to adhere the embellished layer to the card front. I chose a beige card base to reinforce the impact of the gold embossed sentiment.




No comments:

Post a Comment