Center Panel

Saturday, October 22, 2022

Altenew Academy Level 2: WITH A TWIST





I was so excited to make this card 
as I had all of the same stamps and dies as the demonstration card 
The one exception was the sentiment. Although the words were the same
as the presentation card, my stamp used a different font. However, it is an
Altenew stamp.



The first step was to stamp the leaves. I used Forrest Glade and Frayed Leaf
                                                                                                                             
from the Altenew Green Fields Mini Cube set to stamp the leaves in a

random pattern



I next cut a triangular shape from the front of
the top folded A2 card 



I then stamped two of the butterflies from
the Painted Butterfly stamp set using
Jet black for the outline and Moon 
Rock and Evening Gray for the wings.

And then cut them out using the 
coordinating dies



I then adhered a moss green layer to the inside of the card




I used the butterfly stamps to help 
me decide on placement and then
adhered the die cuts to the card front using
glue dots


I was so excited to find that I had the same
sentiment used in the demonstration card
and stamped it on clear acetate rather than
taking a chance on stamping directly to the 
card. It was adhered using clear scor tape 
and lastly embellished with clear drops colored
using a light green copic marker.

 







1 comment:

  1. I hope you know that it is encouraged to use Altenew stamps aside from the ones used in the classes. It makes you think out of your comfort zone and makes your project looking different too. I am glad you enjoyed the class and working on the project.

    ReplyDelete