Center Panel

Thursday, October 13, 2022

Altenew Academy Level 2: Masking

 


While viewing the lessons for this class I knew I would welcome the
opportunity to use one of my favorite Altenew stamp sets. That being
the ADORE YOU set. 

I began by cutting a mask for the large flower from Mint Masking Tape



I then stamped the outline stamp of the large flower using Ranger Black Archival Ink 
to prevent bleeding from the watercoloring I planned to do.

                                                   
                                           After stamping the large flower I masked it off and      
                                            aligned the two side facing flower stamps and 
                                                stamped them, again using archival ink


                                                   

                                                       Next I was excited to have an opportunity to use
                                                        the new Ranger watercolor crayons (set one)
                                                                       to color the flower images.
                                                      
                                                            

                                                      I practiced with several color combinations
                                                       until I was satisfied with the results I was 
                                                       looking for. I also added shading on the
                                                         yellow flowers to emphasize the curves
                                                                            in the petals. 

                                                             Next I, again, used mint tape to mask off
                                                          all three flower images and used a water brush 
                                                        with Ranger cracked pistachio Distress Oxide
                                                         to make a backdrop for the flowers.


                                                

                                                       
                                                                                 
                                               

                                                          I then uses a shaped die to cut the design.
                                             

                                 
I layered a matching colored mat onto
an A2 card base and adhered the flower
embellishment to the front of the card and 
added the Adory You "Thank You" stamp.



Below are out takes from all the frustrating mistakes made during the making of this card




























1 comment:

  1. I am glad you shared your mistakes/outtakes as well. It will definitely help others in their journey. I hope you liked the new crayons.

    ReplyDelete