Center Panel

Friday, March 18, 2022

Altenew Shine Card Class Entry

I recently watched a Ken Oliver youtube where he demonstrated the use of Emossing Paste to add foil to cardstock without using heat tools. The process uses Tacky-when-Dry Gel Medium. The gel is spread on cardstock and allowed to dry. The foil paper is then pressed over the area and burnished. When I watched that demonstration I knew I wanted to try that technique for the Altenew SHINE class.



After a few tries I realized I wasn't going to reach perfection with the foiling technique. My remedy was to make another copy using the Forest Glade Altenew Crisp Die Ink Cube and cut a piece to match the design of the foiled one and connect



After matching the designs I cut and adhered them to the front of a dark green A2 card front


While searching for my glue dots I came accross a roll of gold foil tape and realized this 
would make a wonderful addition to the sentiment while adding even more SHINE
to the strip sentiment from my Sentiment Stack set.









1 comment: