Center Panel

Saturday, March 19, 2022

Altenew Scene Building




  `I approached this class with trepidation after seeing the examples

from several classmates. I have only recently

started my Altenew Stamp and Die collections and was 

concerned that I might not have sufficient supplies. But after 

giving it some thought I realized I could use some of the 

techniques from the Art Impressions classes I have been taking

and I was quickly able to put together a scene that I liked. 

An idea then occured to me which I thought would be unique

as well as make up for my limited supplies.

I used an acetate sheet to make the card base and adhered

the scene layer to the acetate base using Altenew

Double Sided Ahesive Sheets so that it would have a clean

appearance and then used small dots of glue to add 

the die-cut layer to the front to act as a door way

into the garden depicted on the inside layer.

 The sentiments are stamped on vellum and heat

embossed using Silver and Green to match the lattice layer

         



 

The cherry blossom branch and birds are stamped from the Altenew 

        Under the Cherry Blossom Tree stamp and die set, and are colored 

  using Warm Grey and Red Cosmos Altenew Crisp Dye ink cubes. 

 The butterflies are from the Altenew Painted Butterflies set and 

colored with oranges from the Golden Sunset Crisp Dye inks.

             The squirrels and grass clumps are from an Art Impressions stamp set

and were colored from the Warm Grey Crisp Dye inks

After making the scene using smooth cardstock I decided to make 

a second version with watercolor paper so that I could enhance 

the background.





















1 comment:

  1. You created a serene scene :) Great idea! Tank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete