Center Panel

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Making My Heartfelt Creations Flowers The Right Way !!!

     I fell in love with Heartfelt Creations a few years ago and tried to copy their techniques without actually using their products. I can't complain about my results. They were OK. But then I had an opportunity to take a live class with them at a craft show and , of course, became addicted.

     I bought a set of the small Petunia stamps and dies and the mold for shaping them. The mold is a lot easier on the fingers than shaping by hand. I recently bought the large Petunia stamp and die set and immediately made a card with them.

I think the card looks pretty.
But the flowers did not hold their original shape. I had made them pretty tight. As you can see, though, they are more flat than cupped as they should be.

I had to give this some thought because I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE they way the flowers look when Emma Lou makes them.

The only thing I did differently was that I used Art Glitter wet glue instead of the HOT GLUE.

I made another card a couple of days later using the hot glue on the flowers. 


BOY WHAT A DIFFERENCE !
These flowers, though only one layer thick, are hard as rocks and haven't lost any height even days later!

So often it is just a little thing that makes a BIG difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment