Center Panel

Monday, October 1, 2018

Melody Lane and Crafts by two took me to Cricut Expert

I'm not sure any longer how I came to learn of Melody Lane but I'm so grateful that I did. She is the most generous and knowledgeable facebook person I know of. She offers information and free Cricut training to everyone who wants it. At the time I found her she was also a consultant with Close To My Heart. She never pushed their products but posted the monthly offerings. I fell in love with their teal and white wheeled tote and signed on as a consultant under Melody Lane.
That was right around the time that Melody started creating digital paper and CTMH made her make the difficult choice of staying with them or creating her papers. I never understood their need to do that as her digital papers are nothing like anything that they sell. I missed her soooo much as the consultant that I was then assigned to was not at all like Melody and wanted her team to pay for her tutoring and never offered any insight into growing your own business. The good thing that came out of that, however, was that I found an eager group of cardmakers that were willing to pay me to teach them card making. We are still together.
Melody Lane was and still is, closely associated with George and Ken of Crafts by Two and they, like Melody, are not only knowledgeable they are as generous with their knowledge as Melody Lane. The three of them inspired me to go beyond my comfort zone. I soon began making three-dimensional cards and other 3D items and learned how to use Inkscape to make original designs. I cried my way through much of this learning process the same way that I am now crying over how to learn OBS and Gimp.
 So the struggle continues. But I have faith that this journey will be as successful as the others if I just stick with it.






No comments:

Post a Comment