Center Panel

Sunday, July 15, 2018

July UMC Card Class

With sooo much help from my Cricut we made three complex cards this month. Because I had planned to have two extra projects this month I wanted to pre-cut and prepare as much as possible so that we would have time to complete the cards and have time for the extras. As it turned out we needed to postpone the extra events but, as always, we enjoyed putting the cards together.
                                                 

CARD ONE

I posted earlier about this card but did not want to show it until the class had seen it. This card is important for two reasons. First, I had promised an off the edge card a few months ago and felt I needed to follow through on that. Second, and most gratifying to me, was that I was able to produce the design in Cricut Design Space and mass produce the cards by uploading a photo of the completed prototype and then weld the image so it would cut the outline. YEAH CRICUT !!!

CARD TWO



This card is a design I lifted from Pinterest. Fortunately I had a small butterfly die and was able to reproduce the card pretty much as shown but used a different selection of embossing folders. After manually die cutting the butterflies from the strip I realized I could, again, have saved time by having Cricut make the original cut and then just resize the strips. Lesson learned.

CARD THREE

This card was also copied from a Pinterest post and is my personal favorite. I cut the card layers with the help of my Cricut so it was the easiest of the three cards to complete. It is my favorite because I loved the colors and the weight of the finished card.

Once again, I hope you enjoy seeing our cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment