Center Panel

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Yellow and Black Card

While perusing my Pinterest files I came accross a card I have long admired and promised myself to make. Following is my version of that card and the products and process used. The card pieces are not actually adhered as I want to experiment with some other embellishments before I make the final version. Also, I want to attempt a video of this card  and, if successful, will post it on Youtube.
The video has been published on Youtube at Hermuchness (if it does not come up try Mary Lou Smelgus). The sound is not so good but the video is OK.

It is difficult to see the sizes in the picture so I will list them separately. The card is an A2 (4.25 x 5.5). the embossed piece is 4.2 x 5.4. The black square is 2" and the yellow square is 1.75".

The first step was to adhere the embossed layer to the folded card base


next was to adhere the yellow sq to the black sq and adhere them to the top right hand side of the card


I die cut the second largest layering die with white paper and ahered that to the center of the squares


next I die cut the butterfly from the Spellbinders set and used a fine tip pen to highlight some of the embossed areas then adhered that to the square


I placed a white 3/8 inch ribbon over a black 5/8 inch ribbon and attached both around the yellow embossed layer. (so obviously I hadn't really attached the yellow layer to the card. This is a good lesson in remembering the correct order for constructing of cards) 


After some thought I decided to change the direction of the butterfly which I obviously couldn't have done if I had really attached that previously. Although I have been known to remove and adjust previously adhered embellishments. Sometimes it has worked out and others not so well.


To complete the card I used the largest layering die and stamped the sentiment and this addition completes this version of the card. 
In the next version I will be using a black and white striped washi tape instead of the ribbon and will use a different sentiment from the same Stampendous stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment