Center Panel

Thursday, June 28, 2018

So Many New Cards

The past couple of weeks have been very busy for me as we have had an above ground pool installed, my sister removed the tables from our crafting space to use for a yard sale, and I had meetings almost every day for one week. Despite that I made several cards.

This one is the most recent addition to my "Use All of My Stash" collection. The pattern layer is from a DCWV Mat Stack called The Old World. The large embellishment is a die that I have had for a long  time but could not think of a way to use. It is from Spellbinders called Comtemporary Diamonds. Thank You is a two word die also from Spellbinders. Instead of using a ready made card I cut the card base from heavy card stock and really love the solidity it gives to the card.



This next card is from a digital stamp I bought for a Kit and Klowder alcohol ink marker coloring lesson. I'm really proud of the progress I have been making with my coloring since I got my jewelers binoculars.

Next is a set of cards I made with an embossing folder I was given by one of my card class members. It is so elegant and requires very little work to make a "send" worthy card. ( sorry the picture is sideways. I couldn't get it to turn) 
This next to the last offering for today are card fronts made by using a Gelli Plate and several Memento Ink colors. The detail is hard to see because the colors, even though I thought they were dark, were fairly light. I plan to try again with Tim Holtz inks which were used in the demonstration I watched that inspired me to try this technique. I also was not able to achieve a smooth finish and realized, right at the end, that my brayer does not have a smooth finish. I guess I'll have to get a new one that is smooth. Oh woe is me I'll have to shop for more craft supplies. LOL

And last is the watercolored waterfall I tried after watching the Art Impressions Watercolor Wednesday offering for this week. I'm pleased with how it turned out with the exception of the sky which I overdid. As usual. I am very pleased with the water pool at the bottom of the fall though. Patted myself on the back for that !

I hope you enjoyed seeing my cards as I enjoyed making them and hope they inspire others to persevere despite imperfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment