Center Panel

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Copic Coloring with help from OptiVisor

As mentioned in my biography I am learning alcohol ink coloring from Kit and Clowder. I am often dis-satisfied with my results because items I am trying to color are very small. The instructor manages to blend three colors in a space that I have trouble keeping one color within the lines. When I mentioned that problem to the instructor she recommended that I use a magnifying glass. My immediate choices were a handheld magnifying glass which I keep in the bathroom or an Ottlite with a magnifying glass which is at my sister's house. Handheld obviously would not be a great choice and, since I often want to color at odd hours, using the light at my sister's wouldn't be great. I found a magnifier at Walmart which has a strap that hangs around your neck and balances(or not) on your chest. Again, not the best choice. I mentioned this dilemma at my card class and one of the members suggested I get an OptiVisor. This is a jewelers headband style magnifier and was less than thirty dollars. I colored the image below using it this morning and am so excited to be able to say that I used three colors on each petal of the flowers. It's the little things in life that bring us so much joy. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment