Center Panel

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Boxed Card Set

I am so excited about a new project my sister and I are working on. But, before I talk about it I want to give some history on why this is significant to me, and maybe to some other craft hoarders who buy things and never actually use them. As a paper crafter, I started out making scrapbooks after buying a kit that was on sale. I eventually moved on to quite elaborate scrap booking. I attended a scrap booking event where someone was using a Cricut. Their output was so amazing I knew I had to have a Cricut of my own. "Cricuting" soon lead to card making. As with the scrap booking, my cards started out very simple. Using mostly pre-designed cards on the Cricut web site. With practice and exposure to the work of others my card making became more elaborate.This eventually lead to my buying a set of eight Anna Griffin embossing folders. These folders are VERY thick and would not easily go through the embossing machine I owned. So here we are a couple of YEARS later and my sister bought a Cricut Cuttlebug which is the machine favored by Anna Griffin. I remembered the embossing folders I had not used and took them to my sister's where we played with them. Now we come to the project we are working on. We are making boxed sets of cards using the folders. I can't wait to post the pictures of our finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment