Center Panel

Thursday, May 17, 2018

May UMC Card Class

All three of our cards were inspired by cards posted on Pinterest. I am most excited by the Anna Griffin gold card. I have the Cricut Cartridge and also the physical center cut and emboss die so I was able to recreate the card almost exactly. I downloaded a digital paper for the print layer which was a little busier than the original, but was still pleased with the look. The only problem the class had with that card was that I had backed all the gold pieces with Stickit and it did not come off well due to being embossed into the pieces. Lesson learned. I recently watched a video where Gina K used a sponge to apply wet glue to intricate die cuts and will use that technique in the future and save the Stickit for larger and smoother pieces.
The Heart Card was based on a card using a honeycomb embossing folder. I did have one but the heart die I wanted to use produced a larger cut than would fit inside the flat spaces. I found a heart embossing folder that had one row with larger, flat, hearts which were almost exactly the size of my die cut hearts.















When I make my prototype cards I try to use the same material that I will put in the card kits. In this case I did not have enough of the color blue I wanted to use so I did not correct the mistakes I made when making the prototype. As you can see I glued the sentiment down instead of popping it up with foam dots, which would have been a much better look.The cards made by the group were much better looking than my copy. Additionally, we found a better floral stamp to use. I am always inspired by the creativity of the UMC Card Group.



No comments:

Post a Comment