Center Panel

Monday, June 22, 2020

Musings On My New Craftroom Rules

As a result of using the CraftMyLife App helping me to get VERY organized I have come up with some, much needed, rules to help me continue to have an organized and more productive way of crafting.

One of the first ideas that came to mind, when I was trying to locate something that I had just used, was to have a tool tray. I thought about how, before surgery, a tray, is loaded with all of the expected surgical tools that would be needed. Besides knowing where everything is I now have a larger work area.

If you follow me then you know I teach a monthly card class. Due to the quarantine, we have not been meeting and the group has decided to delay that for at least another month. I thought I would make up some card kits from all of the leftovers I have from prior classes and send them out to the group members. This was a lesson in frustration as there was no demonstration card in most of the kits. So my new rule is to either finish making the leftover cards right away while the technique is still fresh in my mind or put all of the leftover pieces in my RGBIV files to be used randomly.

Lastly, I realized that I have too many little bags and containers of embellishments that would probably never get used if I didn't find a way to store them. This was a real forehead-slapping moment as I have a ScrapRack from Totally Tiffany! Now all the little tchotchkes are safely stored.

Oh Yeah, I forgot one last thing. I must clean my work area after each project !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment