Center Panel

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Now Teaching at Michaels

I am so excited to say that, in addition to teaching the use of Cricut at JoAnn's, I am now a Cricut instructor for Michaels.
I had gotten an e-mail asking for locals to teach in nearby Michaels stores. I gave it some thought but was somewhat reluctant to take on more commitments and saved the e-mail so I could take my time to consider it.
About a week later I was shopping at Michaels and looking at the Cricut Maker when an employee and I started talking and she said she was wishing that Michaels would start having Cricut classes and was considering giving one herself. When I told her I was a Cricut instructor she suggested I apply to teach there. I told her I didn't want to step on her toes and she indicated she would be happy for me to do a class.
When I got home I went on line and filled out the application and waited, thinking it would take a while to hear back. I actually heard back within a day.
And now, less than a week later, I am officially enrolled as an independent contractor and have classes planned for July.
My plan is to teach the new Infusible Ink. In hopes of being approved for this, I ordered on line, and bought in Michaels, enough supplies to teach small groups and want to thank Melody Lane for the link to buy butcher paper on Amazon. I tried to buy it locally but no-one sells it. I even asked a butcher at the local grocery store but was told they don't use it.
I also used this as an excuse to upgrade to the Easy Press 2 so I would be certain to get the best result.
Please send positive thoughts for my success,

No comments:

Post a Comment