Center Panel

Monday, April 23, 2018

Cricut Machine Journey

I have been reflecting on my Cricut journey and thought I would like to blog about that. Although I had seen the Cricut demonstrated on QVC and, although fascinating, I didn't see that as something I would have much use for. After attending a scrapbooking event, however, and seeing some amazing layouts another attendee was producing with Cricut I knew I had to try it. I bought a used one on-line and jumped right in on using it. The first project I attempted was to put a vinyl title on a scrapbook cover. The machine I bought was prior to the release of the Cricut Expression and required, what to me was complex calibrating, requiring mathematical expertise which I did not possess. I also experienced great difficulty in removing cuts from the extremely sticky mat I was using. I had enough success, though, to persist and to move up to the Cricut Expression when it was released. I found this to be much more user friendly and also found Cricut Craft Room on line. I was able to create more complex projects and was thrilled when I found out about SVGs (three dimensional designs). I stayed up until all hours of the night making tea pots and box cards. I continued to have problems with sticky mats and cutting fails but enough successes to persist. At last the Explore and Design Space were released. I was inspired! My crafting expertise grew by leaps and bounds. I don't yet own the newest machine, the Maker, but I know it is in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment