Center Panel

Friday, February 16, 2018

Today's Craft Try

I soooo want a GoPress&Foil machine but cannot justify the expense right now. This morning I watched a Scrapbook Made Simple Youtube showing how you can use foilmate dies without the machine. Stacy used a butterfly die that looked similar to a die that I own. As demonstrated, I inked the die (just the main die not the cutting edge piece) with Memento die ink Potters Clay and then placed it on the cutting plate and added the cutting edge piece and ran the whole thing through the cutting machine (Evolution Advanced). My result was just like Stacy's. I decided to ink the raised areas with ColorBox pigment ink in Merlot to hide the over inked spots left by an earlier attempt to stamp both pieces of the die at the same time.
Lastly I shaped the wings by curling them around a pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment