Center Panel

Thursday, December 23, 2021

Altenew All About Layering 2 (At Last)

 While I still have some difficulties navigating the Altenew Academy I am pleased, that with the assistance and patience of my mentor Erum Tasneem, I am doing much better and am back on track and pleased to show my latest class project.


I was so pleased that the stamp and die set in the lesson used a set that I purchased years ago when I first learned of ALTENEW.  Although our lessons do not require us to use the same design used there, I really wanted to try this one. I'm so glad that I did.

The set is Peony Bouquet and you can see by the discoloration of the stamps that it is well loved !


 My first effort in making this card was going well until I felt the need to re-stamp the outline but missed the mark.

                                                
Then I realized I didn't like the ink colors I had chosen. I had used Grapevine for the outline and felt it was too dark for the look I wanted.



So the third time was the charm!

Still using the Red Cosmos set
I used the Ruby Red for the outline stamp and the intricate detail
and Frosty Pink for the petals

For the leaves I used Evergreen and Forest Glades
 from the Altenew Green Fields set.

The sentiment is from the Altenew I Adore You stamp set.


3 comments:

  1. MaryLou! That card is beautiful!! And thank you for showing the mistakes too! I know people love it when we share our mistakes. What I love about this card is the layout and how you balanced the flowers by adding that tiny flower on the top, showing just enough to balance everything! Well done!
    Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! It shows off those gorgeous flowers perfectly!

    ReplyDelete